THE port of Cadiz has been dwarfed by one of the world’s biggest cruise ships this week.
Boasting 11 restaurants, two of the longest zip lines at sea and even a water park, the MSC Seaview is an enormous 323 metres long and weighs a staggering 154,000 tonnes.
Able to take 5,119 passengers, the MSC Seaview is build for luxury and the warm waters of the Mediterranean, and made its maiden voyage in June.
It is the first time the mammoth cruise liner, which is the latest edition to the MSC Cruises fleet and the 16th largest in the world, has stopped over in Cadiz.
Fernando Pacheco, general director of MSC Cruises in Spain said: “The company is very happy to be able to return to the port of Cadiz and continue our commitment to the city of Cadiz, in which in 2018 we have increased our number of stopovers by 43%.”
Giussepe Galano, the ship’s captain, held a special ceremony for the Port Authority of Cadiz and the council, to honour the city for its open and welcoming attitude to tourists.
The MSC Seaview came into Cadiz with 4,000 passengers aboard and it now travels to Brazil for the winter, where waters will be warmer.
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48
- Pensioner holidaying on Costa del Sol drowns in front of his wife - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 11:01
- ‘Widespread’ increase in ocean plastic on Costa del Sol with ‘strikingly’ high microplastic levels in Malaga - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 10:27
- Costa del Sol toll charges to be scrapped THIS YEAR - 5 Jun, 2019 @ 18:58