GRAB your woolly hat and gloves because Andalucia’s favourite ski resort will officially open for the festive season this weekend.
Opening ahead of schedule by a week, the Sierra Nevada resort is set to open for Christmas on Saturday November 24.
The Granada mountain and ski resort boasts 9 ski lifts and some 43.5km of trails in the areas of Borreguiles, Veleta, Loma de Dilar and Rio.
Spaniards and tourists flock from across the country to test out the slopes every year.
With 110km of pistes over 1200 vertical metres, it is famous for being a place where you can ski in the morning and sunbathe on the coast by the afternoon.
The resort, which was founded in 1964, is one of Europe’s most popular ski resorts and frequented by the likes of King Felipe of Spain.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03