AN expat has been arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking after crashing his car and exposing almost 480 kilos of hashish and cocaine in Malaga.
The 30-year-old Frenchman was busted after crashing his Range Rover into a truck in Las Pedrizas, where officers found a cache of 15 packages hidden inside several backpacks.
They contained 450 kilos of hashish and 28 kilos of cocaine.
Officers also discovered that the car been stolen from Switzerland with a false registration plate stuck on top of the original.
The incident took place at around 10.45pm on Saturday on the A-45 towards Granada.
Sources said the truck had broken down and stopped on the motorway, when the Frenchman slammed into the back of it, crushing the front of the car up to the front seats.
The expat was arrested after being taken to a Malaga hospital with a broken leg.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03