THE Golden Globe nominations have been released and two Spanish actors have made the cut.
Penelope Cruz and Antonio Banderas each picked up their fourth nomination for the awards, given out on January 6 2019.
But Spain’s Hollywood heroes were nominated for their small screen roles this time around.
Cruz is up for ‘best supporting actress’ for her role as Donatella in The Assassination of Gianni Versace.
The blockbuster series is the second season of American Crime Story, which explores the death of fashion designer Gianni Versace who was murdered by Andrew Cunanan in a killing spree.
As well as a nomination for Cruz the American show got nods for ‘best series’, ‘best actor’ and ‘best supporting actor’.
Meanwhile Malaga’s Antonio Banderas is in contention for ‘best actor’ after his portrayal of Spain’s world-famous artist in Genius: Picasso.
Banderas already received an Emmy nomination for his role as the prolific Malaga painter in the series from National Geographic.
The wards, which are generally considered as precursor to the Oscars are to be presented by Killing Eve star Sandra Oh and Brooklyn Nine-Nine comedian Andy Samberg.
Adam McKay’s comedy Vice, which stars Christian Bale as Dick Cheney, received the most Golden Globe nominations with six.
- Dead body of ‘clothed’ middle-aged man found on beach in southern Spain - 25 Mar, 2019 @ 20:15
- Pedro Sanchez leads tributes to 14-year-old killed in motorcycle race in Spain’s Andalucia - 25 Mar, 2019 @ 11:25
- BREXIT FOOD MAP: Which Spanish produce will be most affected when the UK leaves the EU? - 24 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- FIGHT THE POWER: Olive Press launches campaign to stop network of 352 pylons ‘destroying’ Andalucia’s Lecrin Valley and Alpujarras - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- British comedy legend Jason Manford to perform in Gibraltar THIS SUMMER for first time ever - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 18:53
- WATCH: Netflix trailer for NEW natural history series narrated by Spain’s Penelope Cruz and David Attenborough - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 12:12
- British woman in Spain arrested over murder of homeless Romanian man with no legs who was strangled and set on fire - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 10:40
- WINDY WEATHER: Parts of Costa del Sol to be battered by gusts of over 70km/h THIS WEEKEND - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- ‘HE WAS ALWAYS SMILING’: British baby boy dies suddenly at airport in Spain as family caught flight home from holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 10:28
- British parents reveal son, 6, suffers deafness and rare diabetes after his face was paralysed when arcade machine fell on him on Spain holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 09:43