POLICE believe the Irish mafia member who plunged to his death in Marbella took his own life.
Michael Cumberton, 30, a prominent member of the Kinahan cartel was found dead on Saturday after falling from a hotel balcony.
The body of the dead gangster, who is the younger brother of contract killer Eamonn Cumberton, was found lay in the inner courtyard.
Sources close to the investigation of Cumberton’s death told the Irish Sun that police have ruled out foul play.
It comes as Republican dissidents plotted to kill him in revenge for his brother Eamonn murdering Real IRA member Michael Barr at the Sunset House Pub in Dublin in April 2016.
After Ireland’s Gardai warned him he was in danger, Cumberton fled to the Costa del Sol where he moved in with the gang’s boss Daniel Kinahan.
Cumberton fell from the fourth floor of the block where he rented the apartment from Daniel, who currently resides in Dubai.
A source told the Irish Sun: “Homicide or anything sinister has been completely discounted in this investigation, cops are satisfied no third person was involved.
“The body bore no signs of struggle or violence other than injuries normally associated with such a fall.”
- ‘Frightening’ moment on Thomas Cook flight to Spain as squishy cat toy explodes in British seven-year-old’s face - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 16:10
- Spain could snatch €1 billion Royal Navy ship contract ahead of British firms despite wargames over Gibraltar - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 12:40
- Gibraltar to install 17 speed bumps on Rock to protect ‘vulnerable’ baby monkeys from drivers - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 13:44
- Number of Brits on Costa del Sol increases for first time since before Brexit - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:14
- Man in Spain arrested over double knife attack at Ryanair check-in desk that saw woman stabbed in ear - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:33
- Tourism companies in Spain outraged at being handed limits on daily beach visitors with some as low as 250 per day - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40