AN 18-year-old Brit shot herself into the record books as she won the Girls Junior European Open Golf Championship at Andalucia’s El Paraiso course.
Holly Haslam, from Essex, became the first girl to shoot under par in the competition’s 26-year history.
The young star now joins the tournament’s previous British winners, Women’s British Open-champion Georgia Hall and US Open winner Justin Rose.
“I was over the moon, it was a big moment for me,” said Holly whose mum Jo, 47, caddied for the teen champion.
Holly, who celebrated the historic win on her 18th birthday, finished three under par and seven ahead of her nearest competitor.
First picking up a club at just 11 years of age, Holly’s skills on the fairway will be broadcast on Sky Sports Golf Channel on Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30 and 13:00 (English time).
Accompanying Holly to Spain for the tournament was her dad, Steve, 53, who is a restaurateur back in the UK.
“It was the biggest win of her life,” he told the Olive Press. “I was ecstatic when she won the tournament.”
The proud dad-of-three also revealed that the family would remain in Spain for the festive period at their house in El Paraiso, where Holly is able to stroll straight onto the course.
Steve said: “We’ll have a nice family game of golf on Christmas Day and then we’ll go back home and have our Christmas dinner.”
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48