AN 18-year-old Brit shot herself into the record books as she won the Girls Junior European Open Golf Championship at Andalucia’s El Paraiso course.
Holly Haslam, from Essex, became the first girl to shoot under par in the competition’s 26-year history.
The young star now joins the tournament’s previous British winners, Women’s British Open-champion Georgia Hall and US Open winner Justin Rose.
“I was over the moon, it was a big moment for me,” said Holly whose mum Jo, 47, caddied for the teen champion.
Holly, who celebrated the historic win on her 18th birthday, finished three under par and seven ahead of her nearest competitor.
First picking up a club at just 11 years of age, Holly’s skills on the fairway will be broadcast on Sky Sports Golf Channel on Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30 and 13:00 (English time).
Accompanying Holly to Spain for the tournament was her dad, Steve, 53, who is a restaurateur back in the UK.
“It was the biggest win of her life,” he told the Olive Press. “I was ecstatic when she won the tournament.”
The proud dad-of-three also revealed that the family would remain in Spain for the festive period at their house in El Paraiso, where Holly is able to stroll straight onto the course.
Steve said: “We’ll have a nice family game of golf on Christmas Day and then we’ll go back home and have our Christmas dinner.”
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57