AN 18-year-old Brit shot herself into the record books as she won the Girls Junior European Open Golf Championship at Andalucia’s El Paraiso course.
Holly Haslam, from Essex, became the first girl to shoot under par in the competition’s 26-year history.
The young star now joins the tournament’s previous British winners, Women’s British Open-champion Georgia Hall and US Open winner Justin Rose.
“I was over the moon, it was a big moment for me,” said Holly whose mum Jo, 47, caddied for the teen champion.
Holly, who celebrated the historic win on her 18th birthday, finished three under par and seven ahead of her nearest competitor.
First picking up a club at just 11 years of age, Holly’s skills on the fairway will be broadcast on Sky Sports Golf Channel on Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30 and 13:00 (English time).
Accompanying Holly to Spain for the tournament was her dad, Steve, 53, who is a restaurateur back in the UK.
“It was the biggest win of her life,” he told the Olive Press. “I was ecstatic when she won the tournament.”
The proud dad-of-three also revealed that the family would remain in Spain for the festive period at their house in El Paraiso, where Holly is able to stroll straight onto the course.
Steve said: “We’ll have a nice family game of golf on Christmas Day and then we’ll go back home and have our Christmas dinner.”
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08