THE Marbella mansion where boyband One Direction made their debut performance has been one of the most viewed properties of 2018.
On the market for a whopping €40 million, the 12-bed villa boasts 180-degree views of the Mediterranean.
Perhaps most famous for hosting X Factor’s Simon Cowell in the ‘judge’s houses’ stage of the competition, the luxury pad has been hosting a stampede of viewings this year according to Rightmove.
In a list compiled by Mail Online of the site’s most viewed houses currently on the market, the celebrity pad shares top popularity stakes with a Scottish castle and a Maldives island resort with an ocean waterslide.
It was back in 2010 that music mogul Cowell was filmed relaxing by the pool with guest judge Sinitta as the pair scrutinised the babyfaced 1D boys at their first ever performance.
The fivesome famously performed after band member Louis Tomlinson was stung by a local sea urchin, before his new bandmates carried him into the audition.
The Marbella mansion’s musical legacy, after hosting the seven-time Brit Award-winners, explains why the property is Rightmove’s second-most viewed outside the UK this year.
It was pipped to the top spot by a 12-bed villa on Kunfunadhoo Island in the Maldives, on the market for €12.6 million.
With a swimming pool dining room, ocean views from the bedroom and even a private waterslide, it is easy to see why this house fit for a king is the most viewed abroad this year.
Hollywood, Monaco and another Maldives house, were the other most viewed non-UK properties, while the UK’s most popular home is a 6-bed, €5.6 million family home in Greater Manchester.
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08