THE Marbella mansion where boyband One Direction made their debut performance has been one of the most viewed properties of 2018.
On the market for a whopping €40 million, the 12-bed villa boasts 180-degree views of the Mediterranean.
Perhaps most famous for hosting X Factor’s Simon Cowell in the ‘judge’s houses’ stage of the competition, the luxury pad has been hosting a stampede of viewings this year according to Rightmove.
In a list compiled by Mail Online of the site’s most viewed houses currently on the market, the celebrity pad shares top popularity stakes with a Scottish castle and a Maldives island resort with an ocean waterslide.
It was back in 2010 that music mogul Cowell was filmed relaxing by the pool with guest judge Sinitta as the pair scrutinised the babyfaced 1D boys at their first ever performance.
The fivesome famously performed after band member Louis Tomlinson was stung by a local sea urchin, before his new bandmates carried him into the audition.
The Marbella mansion’s musical legacy, after hosting the seven-time Brit Award-winners, explains why the property is Rightmove’s second-most viewed outside the UK this year.
It was pipped to the top spot by a 12-bed villa on Kunfunadhoo Island in the Maldives, on the market for €12.6 million.
With a swimming pool dining room, ocean views from the bedroom and even a private waterslide, it is easy to see why this house fit for a king is the most viewed abroad this year.
Hollywood, Monaco and another Maldives house, were the other most viewed non-UK properties, while the UK’s most popular home is a 6-bed, €5.6 million family home in Greater Manchester.
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48
- Pensioner holidaying on Costa del Sol drowns in front of his wife - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 11:01
- ‘Widespread’ increase in ocean plastic on Costa del Sol with ‘strikingly’ high microplastic levels in Malaga - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 10:27
- Costa del Sol toll charges to be scrapped THIS YEAR - 5 Jun, 2019 @ 18:58
- Spain’s Supreme Court blocks reburial of General Franco just days before body due to be dug up - 5 Jun, 2019 @ 17:49