A PROTEST is underway this afternoon after a dog was shot and killed by Spanish police yesterday.
Sota was shot by cops in Barcelona while its owner was being arrested after allegedly failing to identify himself.
Police claim the dog had bitten the policeman’s arm and that the law enforcer feared for his life, leading him to shoot the dog.
While details are lacking, the owner of the dog has been arrested for assaulting the officer who shot his dog.
Police say the man is known to be violent and that when he was asked to identify himself he refused, leading to the skirmish.
Animal rights group PACMA has organised a rally this afternoon while the CUP has has called for an investigation into what happened.
Footage of the arrest (below) has been tweeted by PACMA.
It shows the suspect being held down by cops before panning to the left to show the dog lying still in a pool of blood.
(WARNING: DISTRESSING IMAGES BELOW).
¡TERRIBLE! La policía se lía tiros con un perro en #Barcelona.
Es inadmisible que un ayuntamiento autoproclamado animalista resuelva a tiros los problemas con los animales.
Exigimos explicaciones urgentes que determinen los motivos de esta terrible muerte.
? BIMAR MENDEZ pic.twitter.com/OFNVYkPqbl
— PACMA (@PartidoPACMA) December 18, 2018
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20