POLICE are investigating the death of a man in Malaga after he was stabbed several times.
The victim, believed to be between 35 and 40 years old was thrown from a moving car into the path of a tourist driver.
The incident occurred at around 6:00am this morning (Sunday 30) on the Pablo Ruiz Picasso seafront at La Malagueta, Malaga.
Local police were the first on the scene, but after it became apparent that the man had stab wounds and had been hit by a car, national police also arrived.
The specialist homicide division of the police are now working with forensics to establish the details of what is likely to be the latest murder in southern Spain.
Authorities are now on the hunt for witnesses, a task, which is likely to prove difficult, given that the death occurred so early this morning.
Meanwhile the man’s body has now been transferred to the Institute of Legal Medicine (IML) in Malaga for a post-mortem, which is expected to happen today.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59