POLICE are investigating the death of a man in Malaga after he was stabbed several times.
The victim, believed to be between 35 and 40 years old was thrown from a moving car into the path of a tourist driver.
The incident occurred at around 6:00am this morning (Sunday 30) on the Pablo Ruiz Picasso seafront at La Malagueta, Malaga.
Local police were the first on the scene, but after it became apparent that the man had stab wounds and had been hit by a car, national police also arrived.
The specialist homicide division of the police are now working with forensics to establish the details of what is likely to be the latest murder in southern Spain.
Authorities are now on the hunt for witnesses, a task, which is likely to prove difficult, given that the death occurred so early this morning.
Meanwhile the man’s body has now been transferred to the Institute of Legal Medicine (IML) in Malaga for a post-mortem, which is expected to happen today.
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40