SHOCKING images have shown a Spanish hunter chase a fox and then smile to the camera after he stamps on its head.
The hunter, in a high vis jacket, can be heard grunting as he plucks the animal from some grass and hurls it along the ground.
After the injured mammal runs away, the hunter then catches up with his prey and repeatedly stamps on the fox’s head.
He then flings the suffering animal high into the air and then stamps on its head again, where it appears to die.
The unidentified hunter grounds the fox’s head into the dirt with his foot and can be heard laughing as he smiles directly at the camera.
It is not clear when or where in Spain the video was filmed.
Local media reported that at least one of the fox’s legs was amputated after it was caught in a trap.
Anadel, a Spanish animal rights group, has condemned the incident and called on the public to identify the hunter.
“What kind of psychological attitudes do people with weapons licences have in this country?” Elena Lopez, a member of the group said to local media.
This incident is the latest in a string of animal rights controversies across Spain in 2018.
The most recent was a car park in Andalucia, which kept camels caged for Christmas rides, an act strongly condemned by animal rights group PACMA.
Hunters also courted controversy last month as they defended a video of dogs and deer plunging off a cliff.
Meanwhile, in October, an emu wound up dead in Spain after being chased by police through a tourist hotspot.
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40