SHOCKING images have shown a Spanish hunter chase a fox and then smile to the camera after he stamps on its head.
The hunter, in a high vis jacket, can be heard grunting as he plucks the animal from some grass and hurls it along the ground.
After the injured mammal runs away, the hunter then catches up with his prey and repeatedly stamps on the fox’s head.
He then flings the suffering animal high into the air and then stamps on its head again, where it appears to die.
The unidentified hunter grounds the fox’s head into the dirt with his foot and can be heard laughing as he smiles directly at the camera.
It is not clear when or where in Spain the video was filmed.
Local media reported that at least one of the fox’s legs was amputated after it was caught in a trap.
Anadel, a Spanish animal rights group, has condemned the incident and called on the public to identify the hunter.
“What kind of psychological attitudes do people with weapons licences have in this country?” Elena Lopez, a member of the group said to local media.
This incident is the latest in a string of animal rights controversies across Spain in 2018.
The most recent was a car park in Andalucia, which kept camels caged for Christmas rides, an act strongly condemned by animal rights group PACMA.
Hunters also courted controversy last month as they defended a video of dogs and deer plunging off a cliff.
Meanwhile, in October, an emu wound up dead in Spain after being chased by police through a tourist hotspot.
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38