ALMOST 30 provinces across Spain are on alert for cold temperatures this week.
Cadiz, Cordoba, Jaen and Granada are all on a yellow warning for plummeting temperatures from tomorrow while Malaga and the Costa del Sol are expected to see the mercury fall from this Friday.
The cold snap is thanks to a mass of polar air which will affect mostly north and central Spain this week before bringing up to a 7C drop on the Costa del Sol this weekend.
Tomorrow will be Malaga and the Costa del Sol’s last warm day with highs of 21C before Thursday sees temperatures plummet to lows of 8C with a maximum of 14C.
Saturday will be much the same with lows of 8C and highs of 15C, which will boost to a maximum 18C on Sunday.
However further inland will see temperatures drop to between 0C and 11C in the likes of Antequera and Ronda from tomorrow.
Toledo and Soria will be among the worst hit from Thursday, where temperatures could reach as low as -6C.
According to AEMET spokesperson Rubén del Campo, some areas of Spain may see temperatures as low as -12ºC.
The forecast does not, however, include snow.
“Not much is expected,” explained Del Campo to El Pais. “Not due to a lack of cold, but rather a lack of precipitation, given that this mass of air is very dry.”
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49