TWO men carrying a James Bond-style pen gun and seven kilos of cocaine have been arrested in Malaga.
The Spaniards, 34 and 39 were held on charges of drug trafficking and the possession of illegal weapons.
National Police agents also seized a taser, an air pistol, another gun with ammunition, a bulletproof vest, 108 grams of hash and €11,000.
Sean Connery’s Bond uses a similar 9mm rocket-firing pen gun in the film Never Say Never Again (1983).
Cops began their investigations on December 4 in Calle Eresma when a car was seen fleeing from Malaga’s northern district.
A chase ensued and police arrested the two drug suspects round the corner on Calle Cabriel, where they seized the vehicle.
The drugs and guns were found hidden in compartments under the car’s dashboard, including the 007-inspired gun pen.
It comes as the La Palmilla district and its surrounding streets witnessed a New Year’s Day shootout involving a submachine gun.
In the firefight a 79-year-old widow cheated death when her curtain stopped a bullet that was fired through her window and heading straight for her.
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08