It’s hard to believe how many dolphins and whales live in this small patch of water. ??BBC Two
Geplaatst door BBC Earth op Vrijdag 4 januari 2019
THE BBC has filmed a segment about the plight of the dolphins in the Strait of Gibraltar for its new documentary series Mediterranean with Simon Reeve.
In a clip shared on Facebook, Reeve sails alongside the mammals in the Strait of Gibraltar with local campaigner and expert Rocio Espada.
Espada reveals that numbers of dolphins and whales in the Strait and the Mediterranean have halved since 1960.
She goes on to detail how many dolphins are being mutilated by fishing nets and boat propellers before several break the surface showing clearly damaged dorsal fins.
“The Mediterranean needs help,” Espada says in the teaser clip, “if we turn our back to it, everything will go.”
The four-part series is available on BBC iPlayer, with Espada featuring in episode four.
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49