AN Afghan man wanted for shooting a rival gang member in the stomach with an AK47 rifle has been arrested on the Costa del Sol.
On Monday police in Benalmadena cuffed the international fugitive, 24, who is wanted by the Danish authorities.
Known only as WA, the suspect tried to flee in a taxi from the Parque de la Paloma de Benalmádena, before being detained, police revealed in a statement on Thursday.
His arrest comes, say police, after an ‘arduous’ investigation following the issue of an international arrest warrant.
According to cops in Denmark, WA is part of a criminal organisation and he shot a rival gang member in the stomach in September.
Police seized a forged Bulgarian driving license when they made the arrest.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59