INTERNATIONAL Trade Secretary Liam Fox was in Gibraltar on Thursday for last minute Brexit talks with Chief Minister Fabian Picardo.
The UK government minister and Rock leader discussed trading opportunities after Gibraltar leaves the EU over a working lunch.
Fox said he was ‘delighted’ to have met Picardo and his number two, the Deputy Chief Minister, Joseph Garcia.
The Tory MP also had time to meet Attorney General Michael Llamas and had a talk about investment opportunities with Gibraltar’s Minister for Economic Development Joe Bossano.
Picardo said: “Liam Fox is a great friend and supporter of Gibraltar, he knows and understands our issues very well back from the time when he served as Defence Secretary.”
It comes after a tense night in Westminster on Wednesday where Theresa May’s, narrowly survived a no-confidence vote.
Only 24 hours before the no-confidence vote 118 rebel Tory MPs had joined Labour in the House of Commons to reject the British Prime Minister’s Brexit plan.
The DUP’s 10 votes were the key to May’s success in her slim no-confidence vote victory of 325 to 306.
Meanwhile, May has urged Labour leader to come and talk about Brexit with her, after he apparently snubbed the embattled leader’s request for cross-party talks on Wednesday night.
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35
- Blood-soaked man arrested after allegedly stabbing dad to death before taking bus to hotel on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:08