INTERNATIONAL Trade Secretary Liam Fox was in Gibraltar on Thursday for last minute Brexit talks with Chief Minister Fabian Picardo.
The UK government minister and Rock leader discussed trading opportunities after Gibraltar leaves the EU over a working lunch.
Fox said he was ‘delighted’ to have met Picardo and his number two, the Deputy Chief Minister, Joseph Garcia.
The Tory MP also had time to meet Attorney General Michael Llamas and had a talk about investment opportunities with Gibraltar’s Minister for Economic Development Joe Bossano.
Picardo said: “Liam Fox is a great friend and supporter of Gibraltar, he knows and understands our issues very well back from the time when he served as Defence Secretary.”
It comes after a tense night in Westminster on Wednesday where Theresa May’s, narrowly survived a no-confidence vote.
Only 24 hours before the no-confidence vote 118 rebel Tory MPs had joined Labour in the House of Commons to reject the British Prime Minister’s Brexit plan.
The DUP’s 10 votes were the key to May’s success in her slim no-confidence vote victory of 325 to 306.
Meanwhile, May has urged Labour leader to come and talk about Brexit with her, after he apparently snubbed the embattled leader’s request for cross-party talks on Wednesday night.
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 jobs losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25