BUST: Police detain the suspected ISIS terrorist at dawn on Tuesday

AN alleged ISIS terrorist has been jailed after revealing plans to carry out an attack at a busy Costa del Sol feria.

The suspect, named Anwar Andalosi on social media, was arrested in British expat hotspot Manilva on Tuesday after vowing to carry out attacks at the town’s annual summer fair.

Investigators discovered that the 27-year-old from Morocco, known as M.L., had announced his plans in a video sent to Syrian jihadists in August.

He is currently being held without bail ahead of his trial.

Officials said he recorded a video at Manilva fair in August 2018, stating that it was his chosen place to plant a bomb.

PLANNED ATTACK: The suspect had planned to plant an explosive device at Manilva feria

M.L. allegedly said in subsequent conversations that he was already prepared and that death did not scare him as he wanted to die a martyr.

It has been revealed that in the last two months he had downloaded and searched for a ‘large amount’ of videos produced by Daesh on the dark web.

Many of them featured sick footage of jihadists carrying out murders and being sworn into the terrorist organisation.

He was apparently also looking into buying firearms and knives.

The suspect’s Facebook friends included jihadist profiles who share ISIS propaganda on their walls, praising brutal attacks of both Daesh and Al Qaeda.

A Muslim leader in Manilva has condemned the planned attack and insisted he is not part of the Islamic community in the area.

Investigators discovered that M.L. had been in direct contact with Daesh, under the leadership of Omar Bakr El Baghdadi, and had been planning to head to Syria to join their operation in the civil war there.

However, he was unable to make the trip due to the group’s current loss of ground, recent setbacks, and the fact that he could not guarantee the safety of his family in Spain.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.