AN alleged ISIS terrorist has been jailed after revealing plans to carry out an attack at a busy Costa del Sol feria.
The suspect, named Anwar Andalosi on social media, was arrested in British expat hotspot Manilva on Tuesday after vowing to carry out attacks at the town’s annual summer fair.
Investigators discovered that the 27-year-old from Morocco, known as M.L., had announced his plans in a video sent to Syrian jihadists in August.
He is currently being held without bail ahead of his trial.
Officials said he recorded a video at Manilva fair in August 2018, stating that it was his chosen place to plant a bomb.
M.L. allegedly said in subsequent conversations that he was already prepared and that death did not scare him as he wanted to die a martyr.
It has been revealed that in the last two months he had downloaded and searched for a ‘large amount’ of videos produced by Daesh on the dark web.
Many of them featured sick footage of jihadists carrying out murders and being sworn into the terrorist organisation.
He was apparently also looking into buying firearms and knives.
The suspect’s Facebook friends included jihadist profiles who share ISIS propaganda on their walls, praising brutal attacks of both Daesh and Al Qaeda.
A Muslim leader in Manilva has condemned the planned attack and insisted he is not part of the Islamic community in the area.
Investigators discovered that M.L. had been in direct contact with Daesh, under the leadership of Omar Bakr El Baghdadi, and had been planning to head to Syria to join their operation in the civil war there.
However, he was unable to make the trip due to the group’s current loss of ground, recent setbacks, and the fact that he could not guarantee the safety of his family in Spain.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03