UNA COBRA ESCUPIDORA DE CUELLO NEGRO LLEGA A ALGECIRAS (Cádiz) EN UN BUQUE MERCANTE PROCEDENTE DE AFRICA.La serpiente de metro y medio de largo obligó a cerrar parte del puerto hasta que el Seprona pudo rescatarla y llevarla a las dependencias del Zoo de Castellar de la Frontera. Fue descubierta por uno de los estibadores cuando paseaba por una de las terminales de mercancías del puerto de Algeciras.https://bit.ly/2MddgiDMundo Animal.EL PAIS.-
Geplaatst door Marcelo L. S. Von Ryding op Woensdag 16 januari 2019
BEAST: Serpent surprises workers at port in southern Spain (VIDEO: El Pais)
THIS is the moment a huge black cobra was filmed spitting at workers in southern Spain.
The clip shows the serpent baring its fangs at employees in Algeciras port.
“Listen! It’s slowly coming this way!” warns one docker.
“Leave the light on, it’s becoming hypnotized,” suggests another worker.
Port authorities were forced to shut down part of a container yard on Tuesday night after the slippery fiend was reported.
Officers from Seprona luckily managed to quickly capture the snake on Wednesday morning.
The snake is most likely a black-necked spitting cobra (Naja nigricollis).
Native to central Africa, the snake is highly aggressive and has a venomous bite, although the mortality rate from a bite is low (5-10%).
However symptoms include severe external hemorrhaging and tissue necrosis around the bite area and difficulty breathing
The snake which appeared in Algeciras is believed to have come from a shipment from Africa.
The specimen measures between one-and-a-half and two meters, and has already been taken to the zoo in Castellar.
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59