SPANISH prime minister Pedro Sanchez has offered his condolences to the family and friends of little Julen Rossello.
The PSOE leader said the whole of Spain felt the ‘infinite sadness’ of the boy’s parents after the two-year-old was found lifeless down a Malaga well this morning.
Toda España se suma a la tristeza infinita de la familia de Julen. Hemos seguido de cerca cada paso para llegar hasta él. Siempre agradeceremos el incansable esfuerzo de quienes lo buscaron durante todos estos días. Mi apoyo y cariño a sus padres y seres queridos.
— Pedro Sánchez (@sanchezcastejon) January 26, 2019
He said: “All of Spain joins the infinite sadness of Julen’s family.
“We have followed closely every step to reach him.
“We will always appreciate the tireless effort of those who searched for him… My support and love to your parents and loved ones.”
It comes after the 13-day rescue mission ended in tragedy when the boy’s lifeless body was discovered at around 1.25am today.
Spain’s royal family, meanwhile, spoke of their ‘deepest pain’ after hearing the news.
Nuestro dolor más profundo y nuestro pésame más sentido a toda la familia de Julen. Y nuestro reconocimiento a todas y cada una de las personas que, sin descanso, han demostrado su solidaridad sin límites.
— Casa de S.M. el Rey (@CasaReal) January 26, 2019
The official Twitter account said: “Our deepest pain and our deepest condolences to the whole family of Julen.
“And our recognition to each and every one of the people who, without rest, have shown their solidarity without limits.”
Leader of Ciudadanos Albert Rivera also offered his condolences over social media this morning.
Llegan las peores noticias desde Totalán. Descanse en paz el pequeño Julen y todo mi cariño y ánimo para su familia ante un momento tan terrible. Gracias a todos los profesionales que se han volcado en el rescate del niño estos días en que toda España ha estado en vilo. #DEPJulen
— Albert Rivera (@Albert_Rivera) January 26, 2019
“The worst news arrives from Totalán,” he wrote.
“Rest in peace the little Julen and all my love and encouragement for his family at such a terrible time.
“Thanks to all the professionals who have dedicated themselves to the rescue of the child while all of Spain has been in suspense. #DEPJulen.”
The parents were taken to a funeral home in El Palo this morning while authorities have been carrying out an autopsy on the boy.
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35