JUAN Antonio Santamaría is the dog walker who has died after falling into a well just 30km away from where little Julen died.
The Spaniard, 45, whose dog also died, is the second person to be found dead in a tragedy involving a well in Malaga in just 48 hours.
It comes after Julen Roselló Jiménez, 2, was pulled out of a 107m-deep well in Totalan on Saturday morning, following almost two weeks of searching for the toddler.
Now, as Spain and the world are still mourning the tot’s death, the Guardia Civil are investigating this latest well death in Villanueva del Trabuco.
Juan Antonio’s neighbours said that the dog walker took regular trips to the mountainous area where him and his dog were tragically found dead on Monday morning.
His corpse was found 3m deep in the well, which did contain water.
After his body was transferred to the Forensic Anatomical Institute of Malaga, investigators are now working with the theories that his death was an accident or a suicide.
“He was a pretty normal person,” a neighbour of Juan Antonio told El Espanol. “I believe that it is unlikely that it was a suicide.”
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 jobs losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25