JUAN Antonio Santamaría is the dog walker who has died after falling into a well just 30km away from where little Julen died.
The Spaniard, 45, whose dog also died, is the second person to be found dead in a tragedy involving a well in Malaga in just 48 hours.
It comes after Julen Roselló Jiménez, 2, was pulled out of a 107m-deep well in Totalan on Saturday morning, following almost two weeks of searching for the toddler.
Now, as Spain and the world are still mourning the tot’s death, the Guardia Civil are investigating this latest well death in Villanueva del Trabuco.
Juan Antonio’s neighbours said that the dog walker took regular trips to the mountainous area where him and his dog were tragically found dead on Monday morning.
His corpse was found 3m deep in the well, which did contain water.
After his body was transferred to the Forensic Anatomical Institute of Malaga, investigators are now working with the theories that his death was an accident or a suicide.
“He was a pretty normal person,” a neighbour of Juan Antonio told El Espanol. “I believe that it is unlikely that it was a suicide.”
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57