MUCH of northern Spain has been placed on orange alert for snow, while strong winds batter Andalucia.
Spanish weather agency AEMET have put an ‘important risk’ warning for snow in place in much of northern Spain throughout the weekend.
Mountainous areas in Cantabria and elsewhere could see up to 20cm of snow fall within 24 hours on Saturday.
Meanwhile, parts of Andalucia are placed on orange alert for wind and coastal events for much of the weekend.
Parts of Almeria and Granada could see 90km/h winds, while Ronda in Malaga is on yellow alert for winds reaching 70km/h.
Cordoba and Granada also see sub-zero temperatures.
An area of low pressure is also moving across the Atlantic, which is expected to hit southern Spain next week.
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 jobs losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25