MUCH of northern Spain has been placed on orange alert for snow, while strong winds batter Andalucia.
Spanish weather agency AEMET have put an ‘important risk’ warning for snow in place in much of northern Spain throughout the weekend.
Mountainous areas in Cantabria and elsewhere could see up to 20cm of snow fall within 24 hours on Saturday.
Meanwhile, parts of Andalucia are placed on orange alert for wind and coastal events for much of the weekend.
Parts of Almeria and Granada could see 90km/h winds, while Ronda in Malaga is on yellow alert for winds reaching 70km/h.
Cordoba and Granada also see sub-zero temperatures.
An area of low pressure is also moving across the Atlantic, which is expected to hit southern Spain next week.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57