MUCH of northern Spain has been placed on orange alert for snow, while strong winds batter Andalucia.
Spanish weather agency AEMET have put an ‘important risk’ warning for snow in place in much of northern Spain throughout the weekend.
Mountainous areas in Cantabria and elsewhere could see up to 20cm of snow fall within 24 hours on Saturday.
Meanwhile, parts of Andalucia are placed on orange alert for wind and coastal events for much of the weekend.
Parts of Almeria and Granada could see 90km/h winds, while Ronda in Malaga is on yellow alert for winds reaching 70km/h.
Cordoba and Granada also see sub-zero temperatures.
An area of low pressure is also moving across the Atlantic, which is expected to hit southern Spain next week.
- Whether we like it or not, tourism to Spain boosts the economy and sways the property market, writes Amanda Butler - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 13:33
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00