— Mer (@Missmerh) February 11, 2019
A HUGE fire has engulfed a chiringuito on Spain’s Costa del Sol.
Playa Padre, a much-loved hangout spot in Marbella, has been ablaze for at least for an hour.
— JFK ?? (@lacosapintafea) February 11, 2019
The cause of the fire is not yet known but black smoke can be seen for miles down the coast.
Playa Padre se quema ?????
Geplaatst door Martha Malaga op Maandag 11 februari 2019
The beach club is popular among the expat community and is located right next to the Puerto Deportivo Marina La Bajadilla.
Chiringuito playa padre marbella….
Geplaatst door Ivan Rodriguez op Maandag 11 februari 2019
The establishment is owned by María Bravo and was opened in the summer of 2017 with her friend and Mexican actress Eva Longoria making a guest appearance.
Policia Nacional and firefighters are on the scene but no one is believed to have been injured.
More to follow…
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40