A BAR owner in Spain has been fined €1,500 after he barred five black people because of the colour of their skin.
A judge in Barcelona made the ruling after the man told the group, who tried to enter his establishment, ‘I don’t want black people here’.
The racist landlord, known only as CEF, made the shocking move back in May 2016 when the group sat at one of his outdoor tables.
He has now been found guilty of five crimes against basic rights and public freedom and must pay each person he abused €300 each.
The judge, in the Catalan municipality of Arenys de Mar, said in their ruling that the man had shown an ‘undisguised contempt for their race’.
He added that the man’s defence about the group not being able to speak Spanish and understand his Argentine accent, was ‘not credible’.
On top of the fine, the bar owner will now also be banned from working in the leisure, teaching and sporting sectors for 30 months.
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 jobs losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25