A BAR owner in Spain has been fined €1,500 after he barred five black people because of the colour of their skin.
A judge in Barcelona made the ruling after the man told the group, who tried to enter his establishment, ‘I don’t want black people here’.
The racist landlord, known only as CEF, made the shocking move back in May 2016 when the group sat at one of his outdoor tables.
He has now been found guilty of five crimes against basic rights and public freedom and must pay each person he abused €300 each.
The judge, in the Catalan municipality of Arenys de Mar, said in their ruling that the man had shown an ‘undisguised contempt for their race’.
He added that the man’s defence about the group not being able to speak Spanish and understand his Argentine accent, was ‘not credible’.
On top of the fine, the bar owner will now also be banned from working in the leisure, teaching and sporting sectors for 30 months.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57