AN elderly couple had only just bought their home when they made a gruesome discovery this week.
While cleaning the property, in Fuengirola, the married pair came across multiple sets of human remains.
The bones had been placed inside a newspaper and suitcase and were kept hidden in a storage room.
The couple called the police who rushed to the property to take the remains away for analysis.
- BONE-FIDE MYSTERY: British expat finds human remains while burying dog in garden on Spain’s Costa del Sol
- Ancient Spanish tomb containing human remains reveals Stone Age burial secrets
- Human remains found by dog walker in Malaga
Police have kept tight-lipped on where the bones could have come from but said nothing is being ruled out.
One hypothesis is that they could have been left behind by a medical student who had been renting the storage room.
Specialists from the Scientific Police Brigade took charge of the scene at the home, where they lifted fingerprints from the suitcase before sending the bones to the Institute of Legal Medicine.
Forensic tests are being carried out today which will reveal details about the age of the bones and who they could have belonged to.
The remains are believed to belong to more than one person.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29