MUCH-loved Costa del Sol restaurant Max Beach has been taken over by the Metro Group.
The much-loved eatery at Playa Riviera on Mijas Costa is to be souped up just in time for summertime.
Max Beach is in good company with the Metro Group, which also own Jacks Smokehouse, Mumtaz and Metro Italiano Ristorante.
Metro Group Executive Chef Lawrence Otterburn joins forces with new Head Chef, Geoffrey Sacchi from Nikki Beach in the takeover.
But the excitement does not end there.
Max Fitness is a new purpose-built gym on the upper level of the site.
“ Picture yourself working out while gazing across the Mediterranean waters,” a Metro Group spokesperson said.
If that wasn’t enough, the gym will also be headed up by David Segorbe, World Powerlifting Champion and world record holder in deadweight.
All-in-all, the updated venue now boasts a sushi bar, 25-metre pool, a cocktail bar and large terraces with plenty of sunbeds.
It is due to open in April of this year.
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48
- Pensioner holidaying on Costa del Sol drowns in front of his wife - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 11:01
- ‘Widespread’ increase in ocean plastic on Costa del Sol with ‘strikingly’ high microplastic levels in Malaga - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 10:27
- Costa del Sol toll charges to be scrapped THIS YEAR - 5 Jun, 2019 @ 18:58