A WANTED Brit who was allegedly a member of a notorious guns and drugs gang has been spotted in southern Spain.
Leon Cullen, from Liverpool, is currently wanted for conspiracy to supply firearms and conspiracy to supply cocaine.
People who know Cullen told the Liverpool Echo he is hiding out among the expat community in Benidorm.
A Warrington man said: “He was seen in the Benidorm area just before Christmas, driving a big Audi.”
He has been wanted since police smashed a Warrington -based drug and guns gang led by his brother Anthony.
The Cullen gang was heavily armed, with access to a fully working AK47 assault rifle, a pump action shotgun and handguns.
Liverpool Crown court heard the brothers used fear to rule the streets of their hometown, and ran a dugs’ business on a scale that competed with powerful gangs from Liverpool and Manchester.
The gang used a front business, Future Press Ltd, to launder cash from their illicit trade and had a clear hierarchy and wage structure.
Cullen has links across the North West, the charity Crimestoppers said: “He is white, about 5ft 8in tall and of a slim build.
“Officers also describe him as having short light brown hair, a tanned complexion and prominent white teeth.
“He also has two distinctive tattoos.”
Crimestoppers is now offering a reward of up to £5,000 for information about Cullen’s whereabouts.
Crimestoppers’ North West Regional Manager Garry Murray said: “Leon Cullen is urgently wanted for questioning and we are appealing to people who might know where he is to contact us, with the promise that you will remain completely anonymous.
“If you have any information on the whereabouts of Leon Cullen, then Crimestoppers charity wants to hear from you.”
Murray added: “Call our UK Contact Centre on 0800 555 111 or use our anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org , your information could help keep someone safe from harm.”
- Boxing champ Wladimir Klitschko rescued at sea after yacht fire off Spain’s Mallorca - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Dutch lorry driver arrested by police after 1,000 kilo drugs haul discovered on Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:15
- Hit Netflix film starring Adam Sandler slammed for stereotypical depiction of ‘backwater’ Spain - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 17:26
- Police in Spain detain gang accused of financing Al-Qaeda terrorism in Syria - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:25
- Murdered mother of five in Andalucia becomes Spain’s 1,000th gender violence victim - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 18:41
- Warning over ruthless Costa Blanca thieves ‘spiking Brits’ in Benidorm with date rape drugs - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- Spain calls on UK to negotiate ‘colonial situation’ of Gibraltar at UN committee meeting - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:05
- Spain slammed after new report finds 100,000 people with disabilities are trapped at home - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 14:18
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12