A PREMIER League title winner has chased off a gang of burglars who targeted his luxury pad while his wife and kids slept.
Ex-Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis discovered the thieves raiding his Marbella house in the middle of the night.
The gang fled with some cash and jewellery from the former Argentinian international’s multi-million euro mansion.
Journalist Cinthia Fernandez told the Argentine channel El Trece (Channel 13) the 2014 Premier League title-winner confronted thieves as his actress partner Evangelina Anderson and their three children – Lola, Emma and Martin – were in bed.
Fernandez said: “They were sleeping when Martin woke up by chance, he went downstairs and bumped into four hooded people.
“He intercepted them, there were shouts and the criminals were reportedly scared and left.”
She added: “I spoke to Evangelina and luckily they are all okay, but the children were very scared.”
- Police in Spain catch drug ‘home delivery’ biker gang - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 13:05
- Zara launches new customisable denim fashion line in Spain - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 12:07
- Historic Malaga villa owned by ‘Schindler of the Civil War’ demolished - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- Police arrest five ‘drug traffickers’ after young man kidnapped and murdered on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:05
- New property on the Costa soars to upwards of €6,000 per square metre - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- British expat in Spain who ‘asked friend’ to cut off his penis seemed ‘normal’ hours before but ‘struggled with gender’ - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:01
- UK MPs join battle to get millions back for British expats who lost out to rogue FX firm based in Mallorca - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 12:57
- Police in Spain help man with AMPUTATED PENIS in bizarre self-harm case - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 13:15
- Zidane returns to Spain as Real Madrid boss - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 18:34
- PICTURED: Scot killed on Costa Blanca stag do named, as police hunt two British tourists - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 15:00