ESTEPONA Council has spent €100 million on public works since 2011, it was revealed yesterday in the town accounts.
Another idea that has received a cash injection is ‘Estepona, Garden of the Costa del Sol’, which has so far had over €10.5 of investment.
Urbano wants to use the project to mark Estepona out as an attractive centre for tourism.
On announcing the accounts budget yesterday the PP politician said that during his tenure Estepona has seen the ‘the greatest transformation the city has ever experienced’.
It comes after the 2019 Estepona budget was released in December, which included revenues of €104 million.
The budget marked a 35% increase in public investment this year, with the total calculated at €15.7 million.
This included more money for the Estepona Hospital, the total investment for which exceeds €15 million.
A statement from Estepona Council said the medical facility will become the ‘benchmark health facility in the region and represents a valuable leap in the quality of service provided to residents’.
The Felipe VI Auditorium, which recently hosted Spanish comedian Goyo Jiménez, also saw a €7.3 million investment under Urbano.
Also to benefit from Council money since 2011, were the Orchidarium at €3.5 million and the ‘coastal corridor’ at €2.1 million.
- Boy, 2, dies after falling into swimming pool in Spain’s Malaga - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- Andy Murray’s Spanish doubles partner named in Wimbledon match-fixing investigation by police - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 09:46
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44