ALICANTE is among the cheapest cities in Spain in which to rent a property, a report has found.
Appraisal company TecniTasa found that Alicante, Elche, Castellon de la Plana, Almeria and Huelva were the most economic places for renting properties, based on price per square metre.
Barcelona was the city with the highest rent, where properties on the central Paseo de Gracia can charge €36 per square metre.
The report estimated that a property of 150 square metres would therefore cost €5,400 per month on Barcelona’s priciest strip—which is €150 more than the same property on Madrid’s Calle de Serrano, where rents can soar up to €35 per square metre.
The next-most-expensive cities in Spain were Marbella and Malaga, where rents are €22 per square metre, followed by San Sebastian, where they are €21 per square metre, and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, where they are €20 per square metre.
Alicante, by contrast, boasts a humble rental price of below €2.5 per square metre.
- Police capture guinea fowl that sent residents ‘crazy’ with its racket on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 16:23
- Naked effigies of Trump, Hitler, Stalin and Franco torched in Valencia’s Las Fallas festival - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 15:27
- IN PICS: raw sewage pumped out at three places off Nerja beaches - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 14:56
- EU offers Brexit extension until May if MPs support withdrawal deal next week - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 13:07
- British couple arrested for ‘leading’ huge marijuana network on Costa Blanca, caught with €216,000 of drugs including cannabis ‘jelly beans’, ‘jam’ and ‘cream chocolate spread’ - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 12:38
- Drones used for ‘first time’ in battle against toxic caterpillars on Costa Blanca - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 12:11
- Disabled British man found unconscious after ‘intense’ gas cylinder inferno on the Costa Blanca - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 18:17
- NOT A BIN: Plastic fills river on Costa Blanca just hours after a 20-tonne clean-up - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:45
- Benidorm’s legendary Tiki Beach bar re-opens… but now under name ‘Aloha Beach’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- IN PICS: eagle-owls and kestrels ELECTROCUTED by cables in crucial Spanish wetland - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 18:09