A MAN will go to many lengths to win back an ex-girlfriend, but few end in a pineapple, toxic peas and a terror alert.
This was the fate of a 38-year-old Spaniard arrested for public disorder after he planted an enchanted pineapple on train tracks outside Alicante, on the Costa Blanca.
A neighbour who saw two men ‘praying’ over a black package near the Carretera d’Ocaña phoned the Policia Nacional, triggering a terror alert that disrupted eight trains as tracks were shut down for 149 minutes.
Police passed the matter on to Spain’s bomb squad, who instead of discovering explosives found a hollowed-out pineapple containing nails, pins, ground coffee, grapes, two pieces of paper and some red-and-black rosary peas—which are toxic when consumed.
One piece of paper showed the name of the man’s ex-partner, while the other showed the girl’s mother, along with a skull, curse words and the name of a man presumed to be the girl’s ‘new boyfriend’, according to the Policia Nacional.
The foiled spell saw the unlucky Spaniard arrested for public disorder, as he confessed to having an affinity for the ‘esoteric’.
The ex-girlfriend, however, did not share the same passions: her request for a year’s restraining order against the man for previous acts of ‘sexist violence’ was duly granted by an Alicante court.
- Georgina Harvey, President of Original Charity Shop and Library in Javea, named in Queen’s Birthday Honours list - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:41
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51