THIS is the shocking moment a Spanish matador was tossed in the air by a bull and gored as he scrambled on the floor.
Enrique Ponce, 47, sustained a five-inch wound to his buttocks, and knee ligament damage when he hit the ground.
The veteran bullfighter was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery on Monday following the incident in Valencia at the annual Fallas festival.
The 532-kilo bull that attacked the dad-of-two, was named Declamador.
Ponce was also gored by a bull in the same festival back in 2014.
UNESCO recognised the festival, which involves bullfighting, as a cultural heritage of humanity in 2016.
Bullfighting is frequently the subject of criticism from animal rights campaigners and social media users were not sympathetic to Ponce.
One wrote ‘Another happy end!’, while another said, ‘Today, a poor bull who never chose to be there, managed to close the criminal beast Enrique Ponce’.
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08