‘MADRE’ is the new farewell menu of Dani Garcia’s Marbella restaurant that he chose to close less than a month after winning his third Michelin star.
Garcia has revealed that this final menu of his self-titled eatery, which sums up his 20 years in the kitchen, was inspired by his mother.
“Mother represents everything for me,” the 43-year-old Marbella-born cook said.
“For me, mother is undoubtedly who inspired me and woke up in me the love for the kitchen.”
Garcia’s new collection of food will see some of his most classic culinary creations brought together.
Guiding the curation of the new menu was the idea of dishes that have represented ‘an important milestone’ in Garcia’s life.
Among those monumental creations are his ajoblanco with herring caviar and even the ‘BIBO’ burger he came up with for McDonald’s.
Garcia added: “Mother is also my land, Andalucia is the place I was born, and what gave me the culture, and the produce of the kitchen that we use today.”
The celebrated chef made his astonishing announcement in December that he would close Restaurante Dani García. It came just 22 days after receiving his third Michelin star.
Garcia has always been somewhat of a visionary, having achieved his first Michelin Star at the age of 25 – the youngest in Spain at the time to ever be awarded the accolade.
- Spain slammed after new report finds 100,000 people with disabilities are trapped at home - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 14:18
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05
- Spain’s La Liga fined over popular mobile app that spied on illegal match screenings - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:48
- NASA images reveal ‘sea of plastic’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:23
- British surfer drowns in southern Spain after being swept away by strong currents in front of niece - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 18:07
- Brit in Spain takes on Nigel Farage bankroller with 2,000 mile Brexit protest walk from Gibraltar to London - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 15:57