THE Costa del Sol, Costa Brava and Ibiza are continuing to attract wealthy foreign buyers, leading estate agents have confirmed.
Increasing numbers of international buyers are coming to Spain’s coasts, according to Lucas Fox.
The luxury property agency claims that mid to high-end foreign buyers are being lured to Spain as the second homes market continues to boom.
Their reports show that Spain’s most desirable spots – Ibiza, the Costa del Sol, Costa Brava and Sitges saw a 51% rise in the proportion of buyers in 2018.
Scandinavian and French people were the most common foreign buyers, making up 86% of that group.
“The increase in sales volume in the Costa Brava in 2018 compared with 2017 was much greater than anticipated,” said Lucas Fox partner Tom Maidment.
“Whilst some other regions have seen a drop in sales volume in 2018, the Costa Brava seems to have bucked the trend and is attracting a very specific profile of buyer – the wealthy second home lifestyle investor.”
He added that Palafrugell and Begur are the coastal areas that have seen the greatest demand for people after second homes for the summer.
The price of homes sold in coastal areas has also been rising rising, with Lucas Fox’s average increasing from €951,253 in 2017 to €1,181,724 in 2018 – a 24% increase.
- Former US Marine arrested after North Korean embassy attacked in Spain - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 14:39
- Political leaders set for TV debate ahead of Spain’s election - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:57
- WATCH: Spanish Legion on the march as Semana Santa celebrated in Setenil near Ronda - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:59
- IN PICS: Clouds clear as Semana Santa celebrated in Setenil de las Bodegas - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:41
- PICTURED: Female squaddie accused of ‘glassing’ army pal in the throat at Magaluf club - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 13:13
- Rival footie fans launch ‘Benidorm or Bust’ charity race to Spain in aid of teenage cancer battle - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:25
- Expat sprayed with ‘devil’s breath’ date rape drug on Spanish island and forced to empty bank account - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 11:11
- Easter travel chaos in Spain avoided after pilot strike called off - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 19:28
- Spain pledges support for Paris in wake of Notre Dame inferno - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 11:57
- FLIGHT CHAOS: Travel strikes across Spain mean HUNDREDS of flights cancelled over Easter - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06