PRIME Minister Pedro Sanchez has led tributes to a 14-year-old rider killed in a motorcycle race yesterday.
Marcos Garrido Beltran died after he fell from his bike and was run over by another rider, during a trial of the Supersport 300 event at Jerez Circuit.
Attempts were made to resuscitate Garrido after the accident on a corner of the track, but he died in hospital an hour later.
“I deeply Regret the death of young Marcos Garrido in Jerez, fourteen years is not an age to die,” Sanchez said.
The Andalucian Federation of Motorcycling added: “Our most sincere condolences to all your family and friends.”
Garrido, who is originally from Rota, Cadiz, is the third person to die in the competition since it began in 1985.
It comes after another 14-year-old driver, the Catalunyan, Andreas Perez died in a motorcycle race in Montmelo last year.
- Tourism companies in Spain SLAM Government plans to - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49