A BRITISH man who went missing in Benidorm last week has returned home to the arms of his family.
Nick Brzezicki, 32, flew out to Benidorm on Sunday, March 31, for a short holiday before he was arrested following an incident at the Sandos Benidorm Suites hotel on Tuesday.
He was released after appearing in court on Wednesday morning at 11:30, but subsequently went missing, sparking a manhunt.
According to the Bristol Post, the man from Weston-Super-Mare attempted to walk the 50 kilometres to Alicante airport, but collapsed en route and was picked up by the Red Cross.
After recovering, he contacted his mother, who put on a flight back home last Saturday night.
His wife, Laura, said: “I am so glad that he is home safe.
“I picked him up from the airport early this morning.
“He was met by police due to him being reported as a missing person.
“He has quite a few bruises and has lost a lot of weight and is upset about what has happened.
“As a family we are over the moon to have him back safe.”
- Georgina Harvey, President of Original Charity Shop and Library in Javea, named in Queen’s Birthday Honours list - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:41
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51