A BRITISH man who went missing in Benidorm last week has returned home to the arms of his family.
Nick Brzezicki, 32, flew out to Benidorm on Sunday, March 31, for a short holiday before he was arrested following an incident at the Sandos Benidorm Suites hotel on Tuesday.
He was released after appearing in court on Wednesday morning at 11:30, but subsequently went missing, sparking a manhunt.
According to the Bristol Post, the man from Weston-Super-Mare attempted to walk the 50 kilometres to Alicante airport, but collapsed en route and was picked up by the Red Cross.
After recovering, he contacted his mother, who put on a flight back home last Saturday night.
His wife, Laura, said: “I am so glad that he is home safe.
“I picked him up from the airport early this morning.
“He was met by police due to him being reported as a missing person.
“He has quite a few bruises and has lost a lot of weight and is upset about what has happened.
“As a family we are over the moon to have him back safe.”
- WATCH: Videos pour in as ‘gota fria’ drenches Javea and Denia on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 00:52
- Marina Alta on RED ALERT as heavy rains cause flash floods along Spain’s Costa Blanca - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 00:05
- ‘Level 1 emergency’ declared as largest Easter storm in 73 years hits the Costa Blanca - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- Health Agency issues warning that Dutch cookies containing CANNABIS are being accidentally sold to children across Spain - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- Diver resuscitated after suffering heart attack off coast from Javea on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 00:18
- BREAKING: Foreign Office issues warning to Brits as strike set to hit EVERY Spanish airport this Easter - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:24
- Spain’s first two-headed floating wind turbine expected to become ‘lowest cost solution’ for renewable energy far from coastline - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- Handler strike to affect ALL of Spain starting Easter Sunday - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 21:41
- British Pensioner followed by car for over an hour before attackers stole his €35,000 Rolex on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:53
- British man, 72, who tried to kill sleeping stepson with hammer jailed in Spain’s Costa Blanca - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:08