AN ill pilot has forced a Ryanair plane to turn back to Spain just 13 minutes after take-off where emergency crews were waiting
The Tenerife to Glasgow service was forced back to the Spanish airport on Sunday following the incident.
Tenerife air traffic controllers said online: “Flight from Tenerife South to Scotland returns in emergency due to medical problem of one of the pilots. Maximum priority.
“The route is cleared, medical attention is coordinated and the emergency protocol is activated.”
Despite the situation, the Dublin-based airline could not provide any more details as to the nature of the illness due to privacy laws.
Ryanair said that its aircraft landed in Glasgow without too much delay to passengers.
A spokesperson for the no-frills operator said: “In line with procedures, the captain contacted ATC, the aircraft landed normally, and the first officer was met by medical personnel.”
The aircraft took off at 12:13pm, before it circled back around the island in the Canaries.
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00