AN ill pilot has forced a Ryanair plane to turn back to Spain just 13 minutes after take-off where emergency crews were waiting
The Tenerife to Glasgow service was forced back to the Spanish airport on Sunday following the incident.
Tenerife air traffic controllers said online: “Flight from Tenerife South to Scotland returns in emergency due to medical problem of one of the pilots. Maximum priority.
“The route is cleared, medical attention is coordinated and the emergency protocol is activated.”
Despite the situation, the Dublin-based airline could not provide any more details as to the nature of the illness due to privacy laws.
Ryanair said that its aircraft landed in Glasgow without too much delay to passengers.
A spokesperson for the no-frills operator said: “In line with procedures, the captain contacted ATC, the aircraft landed normally, and the first officer was met by medical personnel.”
The aircraft took off at 12:13pm, before it circled back around the island in the Canaries.
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15