THREE of the five most prolific speed cameras in Spain are in Malaga, new figures have revealed.
According to the General Directorate of Traffic (DGT), the camera at kilometre 246 on the A-7 in El Palo, heading towards Almeria, is the third most active in the country.
The latest stats show that in the year 2017, the camera snapped 49,520 penalties.
This was followed by a camera on the same motorway, in Rincon de la Victoria, which snapped 47,000 speedsters.
Rounding out the top five was the much-hated camera just before the Carlos Haya tunnel entrance heading from Malaga towards Torremolinos, which flashed 36,741 times in 2017.
The three Malaga cameras are all in areas with 80km/hr limits, and handed out a total of 133,261 fines in 2017.
They were surpassed only by two machines located on the A-44 of Jaén (76,300 fines) and in the N-VI of Segovia (59,200).
The DGT collected €70 million from such cameras in Spain in 2017.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40