THREE of the five most prolific speed cameras in Spain are in Malaga, new figures have revealed.
According to the General Directorate of Traffic (DGT), the camera at kilometre 246 on the A-7 in El Palo, heading towards Almeria, is the third most active in the country.
The latest stats show that in the year 2017, the camera snapped 49,520 penalties.
This was followed by a camera on the same motorway, in Rincon de la Victoria, which snapped 47,000 speedsters.
Rounding out the top five was the much-hated camera just before the Carlos Haya tunnel entrance heading from Malaga towards Torremolinos, which flashed 36,741 times in 2017.
The three Malaga cameras are all in areas with 80km/hr limits, and handed out a total of 133,261 fines in 2017.
They were surpassed only by two machines located on the A-44 of Jaén (76,300 fines) and in the N-VI of Segovia (59,200).
The DGT collected €70 million from such cameras in Spain in 2017.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13