AN octogenarian paedophile is to be spared jail after admitting he sexually abused his neighbour’s eight-year-old daughter.
The 88-year-old was handed a suspended two-year sentence at Palma Court in Mallorca today after confessing to the vile assault.
The attack happened in a shop in Cala Rajada, Capdepera in October 2017.
The old man, who has no criminal record, began talking to the girl on the side of the street.
Prosecutors said she trusted him because they were neighbours.
He suggested they go for a walk to a bazaar where he promised to buy her a bubble blowing toy.
While in the store, the man hugged her and molested her chest and genital areas while telling her he loved her.
The pair left the store and went their separate ways.
The girl only reported what happened to her mother later that evening.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23