WITNESSES of a horror attack of a British soldier by her female friend in Spain have described the scene as ‘a bloodbath’.
They told the Olive Press how they saw blood all over the pavement outside Bananas nightclub in Magaluf’s infamous Punta Ballena strip.
“I couldn’t look it was so horrible,” said Pakistani kebab shop worker Suleiman, who was working next door when the injured girl fell on the floor unconscious outside his restaurant.
He told the Olive Press: “It was horrific. There was blood everywhere. I could hardly bring myself to look. It was a huge gash, and quite a hole that wouldn’t stop bleeding.
“There was piles of blood on the pavement and a group of around 80 or more people around her when the ambulance turned up.
“Incredibly the club stayed open and didn’t shut.”
Other staff at the bars and restaurants nearby explained how it was the club’s first weekend open of the year and that there was a foam party that begun around midnight.
With the busy nightclub full of revellers, locals said ‘it was no surprise that arguments broke out.’
“We were all covered in foam and soaking when I saw these two girls arguing next to me at the bar,” holidaymaker Charlie Martín, 24, from Portishead, told the Olive Press.
“They were really rowing when suddenly the bigger one punched her friend hard on the nose, drawing blood.
“It was a real shock and I immediately stepped in between them and said: ‘come on, come on, there’s no need for that’ when suddenly ‘bang’ the other smaller girl smacked her on the shoulder blade with her beer bottle.
“It was a really nasty hit and the red mist just descended. she certainly didn’t mean to do so much damage – but as the bottle was nearly full it was heavy and really hit hard.
“She stumbled around and then passed out I think from shock as much as anything else. The other girl tried to help then ended up crouched down in the corner crying when the police came.
“There was a lot of blood and I’ve been told she had 24 stitches.
“I was lucky I didn’t get hit I guess.”
The nightclub is one of a number in the resort owned by the MCP group.
Standing for Magaluf Club Pass it is believed to be owned by a Spaniard, but over half the staff are British.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00