AN Italian accused of raping a 17-year-old British girl on a cruise-liner has walked free from a Valencian court due to a legal loophole.
After raping the British teen in a cabin between the ports of Palma, Mallorca, and Valencia the ship’s captain denounced the 18-year-old Italian, who was detained hours after docking on the Spanish mainland.
But since the sexual abuse happened on a Panamanian cruise liner, and therefore legally in Panamanian territory, Valencia’s Trial Court no. 15 had to let the Italian walk last Friday.
The court’s magistrate has forwarded the case to British, Italian and Panamanian embassies to bring the abuser to justice.
The accused’s spell in the courts however meant he was late returning the cruise liner, upon which the victim continued in the company of her parents.
- OPINION: Authorities in Alicante must make property developers follow safety rules without harming the promising market - 26 May, 2019 @ 14:15
- OPINION: Accusing a Benidorm bar of a ‘hate crime’ for renting out a midget is political correctness gone mad - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:45
- A PUT-DOWN A DAY: New Spanish book praises ‘therapeutic’ quality of insulting - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- Pablo Escobar’s estranged British-educated son signs ‘extraordinary’ book deal in Mallorca - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:30
- GHOSTA BLANCA: Illegal art exhibition takes over one of Spain’s most haunted buildings - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:49
- Expat pensioners assaulted as luxury apartment block is ‘mobbed’ by squatters on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 24 May, 2019 @ 10:44
- Tourist dies after being hit by bus in Benidorm - 22 May, 2019 @ 01:18
- WATCH: Roads become rivers as hailstorm hits the Costa Blanca - 21 May, 2019 @ 22:41
- ANOTHER British holidaymaker scammed as Spanish villa rental companies use SAME website under different names - 20 May, 2019 @ 15:14
- Benidorm pub SLAMMED for renting out midget - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:29