THE mother of an alleged jihadist accused of plotting a massacre during Semana Santa has said her son is, ‘a good kid’.
“He’s clean, I swear to God, he hasn’t done anything,” the unnamed woman told media in Calle Ortega y Gasset in Sevilla where her son was arrested.
She also called on neighbours, and teachers at the University of Sevilla, where he studies Arabic Philology, to confirm that her son leads a ‘normal life’.
She added that her son, ‘plays football, studies, gets good grades and looks for work’.
The family, including the unnamed arrested man, are from Tetuan in Morocco and police in Spain are working on a joint operation with authorities in the north African country.
Police are currently raiding the home in Sevilla, where they have already seized some of the books used for the man’s university course.
There are no computers in the house, and police have so far allowed the family to keep their mobile phones.
- OPINION: Celebrities are pushing Mallorca’s positive image at the moment and the season has not even started - 26 May, 2019 @ 12:15
- Jet2 removes Costa del Sol beaches from its website after Olive Press probe into raw sewage pumped into sea - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33