ROLLING Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has revealed a Picasso-inspired painting that he hopes would have ‘shocked’ the Spanish master.
The 71-year-old British rocker titled his work featuring Mick Jagger, Abstract Stones, inspired by the Malaga artist’s The Three Dancers.
“Looking at the original, I was inspired to do my own take featuring the boys,” the London-born father-of-six said.
“I did a few versions and each one was slightly different and more honed than the last.”
After attending art school in the 1960s, Wood has turned countless celebrities into portraits, including Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jim Morrison and Madonna.
The prints by the rock legend are now on sale, with 50 copies of the ‘Abstract Stones’ version one available for €1,750 a piece.
At a slightly lower price, the public can own Wood’s version two or three for €1,160, of which 150 have been made.
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35