A MISSING British tourist has been found in a lake with hypothermia.
The 32-year-old, known only as Sandy, was found in Malaga’s La Viñuela reservoir.
After the solo traveller disappeared from her lakeside hotel on Saturday at around 6:53am, her family became worried when they could not reach her.
She was found on Sunday, 24 hours later, by a combined search and rescue team of more than 40 officers.
Although she had symptoms of hypothermia, she was described as being in ‘good health’.
The tourist, who is thought to have been in Spain since Thursday, rented a single room, and was caught leaving the hotel on CCTV.
It is still unclear how she ended up in the lake, but she was transferred to the Regional Hospital of La Axarquia, in Velez-Malaga.
The Special Group of Underwater Activities (GEAS) joined Guardia Civil and local police in searching for the vanished girl.
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25
- British chef Jamie Oliver opens NEW restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:05