SPAIN’S national rail company has been branded ‘disgraceful’ after scores of customers were left without summer tickets.
An online error meant Renfe passengers were unable to buy tickets for June, despite travellers usually being able to book up to two months in advance.
It is currently impossible to book any journey online in the month of June, affecting stations in Fuengirola, Malaga, Cordoba, Sevilla and the rest of Spain.
When attempting to book, a message reads: “The train consulted is not available for sale at this time or a direct connection does not exist, please try again later and we apologise for the inconvenience.”
The ticket trouble prompted anger among customers, with many slamming Renfe as a ‘disgrace’ while others were fuming over the ‘expensive’ service.
One social media user wrote, ‘the management of Renfe in general is disastrous’, while another even said, ‘in the end I’m going to have to get a plane’.
Another user added: “Renfe this is embarrassing. Right now you cannot buy tickets beyond May 30. It is impossible to plan holidays and travel. Is it so complicated to solve technical and calendar problems with some time in advance?”
Sources from the rail operator told El Pais that the issues were down to bugs in the reprogramming of routes that occurs between months.
Apparently tickets are also unable to be purchased in person at stations and travel agencies.
It comes after the transport firm announced, in January, a €700,000 overhaul of its services, including website upgrades.
- OPINION: Celebrities are pushing Mallorca’s positive image at the moment and the season has not even started - 26 May, 2019 @ 12:15
- Jet2 removes Costa del Sol beaches from its website after Olive Press probe into raw sewage pumped into sea - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33