A BRITISH expat has revealed how she was assaulted by an ‘aggressive’ beggar in a Mercadona car park on the Costa del Sol – after a slew of complaints to the supermarket.
The woman claims the man slashed her tyres in the Alhaurin el Grande supermarket after she refused to pay him €1 for the use of a trolley.
He allegedly tried to charge the woman on three separate previous occasions as she was unpacking her shopping into her car boot, and became aggressive when she refused.
“The third time was so violent, I ordered one lady customer to run upstairs and get me help from the manager, at that point there was NO security guard,” said the woman, who asked to remain anonymous.
“I threatened to hit the man if he did not let go of my shopping trolley, I told him I went to work and paid for my goods and was not about to share it under threats from him!”
A shop worker returned and the man left after she threatened to call the Guardia Civil.
“Apparently it was the fifth time he was ordered to leave,” she added.
“Two weeks later, thinking this man had vanished finally, I was accosted again by him in the very same car park, I ignored him and went shopping anyway.
“Upstairs I told a cashier the man was back, but no action was taken, when I returned to my car I discovered two of my car tyres were slashed!
“The man had clearly decided to teach me a lesson and left.”
The shocking tale comes after the Olive Press revealed Mercadona would not be investigating its security measures despite a string of robberies in its Costa del Sol stores last issue.
Mercadona has not yet responded to our request for comment on the latest incident.
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35