CONSUMER group Which? has warned British holidaymakers about the car rental firms to avoid this summer.
Spanish company Goldcar came bottom of the rankings for the fifth time in six years, as 38% of customers said they would never use the firm.
The rental giant, which has a chequered past, is owned by Europcar, which performed the worst out of all the major brands.
According to Which? the second-worst car rental company is InterRent and the third-worst is Firefly.
Meanwhile, Cicar, a firm based in Spain’s Canary Islands emerged top of the rankings, followed by AutoReisen and Alamo.
Which? Travel editor Rory Boland advised customers to look at quality and not just go for the cheapest option.
“One wrong turn at airport arrivals could easily make or break your holiday,” he said.
“In an industry dogged by unscrupulous practices, making the right choice is paramount.”
- OPINION: Celebrities are pushing Mallorca’s positive image at the moment and the season has not even started - 26 May, 2019 @ 12:15
- Jet2 removes Costa del Sol beaches from its website after Olive Press probe into raw sewage pumped into sea - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33