BRITISH comedy legend Freddie Starr has been found dead at his Costa del Sol apartment.
The 76-year-old entertainer, originally from Lancashire, was found by a carer in a chair at his home in Mijas.
The dad-of-six most recently starred in I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here in 2011, just a year on from quadruple heart bypass surgery after he’d had a heart attack.
A heavy smoker, Starr collapsed on the reality TV show, later moving to southern Spain in 2015, where spent his days quietly, and trying to pay a £960,000 bill for historic sex abuse charges.
He started out as the frontman of Mersey band the Midniters in the 60s, before he shot to fame in the 70s on talent shows like Opportunity Knocks and the Royal Variety Performance.
Starr was also written into history after the Sun’s famous headline, ‘Freddie Starr ate my hamster’ on March 13 1986.
A neighbour said reclusive Starr would ‘just sit indoors all day long and he never had any visitors’.
They added that it was ‘tragic’ after he was found at 3:30pm on Thursday.
Eight days ago, Freddie wrote his last words online: “I’m ok, getting tired more now, but otherwise I’m doing good.
“I just have to say thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the kind comments and messages.
“It really does mean a lot, so thank you to each and everyone of you, thanks so much. Freddie.”
- OPINION: Celebrities are pushing Mallorca’s positive image at the moment and the season has not even started - 26 May, 2019 @ 12:15
- Jet2 removes Costa del Sol beaches from its website after Olive Press probe into raw sewage pumped into sea - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33