Ricky Gervais has slammed a matador in Spain who wiped away a bull’s ‘tears’ before slaying the injured animal, labelling him a ‘sequinned c**t.’
39-year-old bullfighter Morante de la Puebla had been performing at the Real Maestranza bullring in Seville when he wiped blood from the bull’s face with a handkerchief.
Comedian Gervais has longed criticised animal cruelty and has spoken out previously against ‘traditional’ blood sports such as trophy hunting.
While bullfighting fans defended de la Puebla’s gesture as a show of respect, Gervais pulled no punches calling him a ‘dirty little psychopathic sequinned c**t.’
Fans of the After Life star have reported feeling ‘sick’ at watching the incident, while others labelled de la Puebla a ‘psycho.’
Silvia Nogales, leader of Spain’s animal rights party Pacma, said earlier: “Only a malicious and perverse mind could torture an animal until the blood pours down its legs and then wipe its face with a tissue.
“The matador is just disguising for his lack of empathy. Abolish bullfighting now!”
- DAYLIGHT ROBBERY: Crackdown sees nearly 20% of Palma’s terraces closed, leaving Mallorca expat owners struggling to make ends meet - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 02:32
- OPINION: War on Terraces - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 02:30
- Toddler fighting for her life after swallowing ecstasy in Spain’s Ibiza - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:09
- WATCH: All Blacks rugby stars perform haka in Spain’s Alhambra - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:51
- Drug smuggler held in Spain after hiding half a kilo of cocaine under toupee - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:50
- PICTURED: Grisly fate of Pamplona bulls during Spain’s famous San Fermin festival - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 12:09
- Pedro Sanchez walks away from coalition talks as political breakdown raises concern of repeat election in Spain - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:07
- Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior docks in Malaga to push for action on climate change - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 11:24
- Mystery masturbator back as sicko breaks into vehicles on Spain’s Mallorca and leaves semen all over the seat - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- SOUTHERN COMFORTS: Why it’s not just the infamous Atlantic wind that keeps the Costa de la Luz so spiritually chilled - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 09:00