A BRITISH man who raped two teenage girls 40 years ago has been jailed following an extradition from the Costa Blanca.
Jeffrey Waite, 66, carried out the attacks in the late 1970s and early 1980s in the Hartlepool area.
He skipped a court hearing in 2016 and fled to Torrevieja, before a European arrest warrant led to his capture in March last year.
Jeffrey Waite, 66, forced himself on two teenagers, one of them underage, who likened him to a ‘madman’ and an ‘animal’.
He raped one young of the women repeatedly, even on the steps of her house, and raped the other once after plying her with drink and taking her to an empty building.
The former only reported the rapes to police in 2014, saying they had occurred from 1979 into the 80s.
Waite maintained that none of the attacks ever happened.
Acting Det Sgt Nicky Barker, of Cleveland Police, said Waite ‘repeatedly denied and lied about his actions’.
She praised the victims for showing ‘real courage and dignity’ in coming forward.
“This investigation meant they’ve had to revisit traumatic times in their earlier lives and deal with the most painful memories,” she said.
- French couple, 80 and 66, injured after paddling pool crashes through terrace floor into garage below on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 18:12
- OWN MEDICINE: Lawyer arrested in Murcia court after speeding to a trial on a traffic accident - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Instagram sensation in northern Spain turns out to be TOXIC lake - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 10:31
- British holidaymaker, 23, could be ‘permanently paralysed’ after breaking neck on waterslide in Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 07:59
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- Coal use falls to ‘historic low’ of just 1.7% in Spain’s electricity mix - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 09:30
- Alicante rapist jailed for 12 years after claiming asylum seeker, 26, could not report him because she was an ‘illegal immigrant’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 03:38
- IN PICS: Forest fire escalates on Spain’s Costa Blanca as 45 people are evacuated - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 20:04