A BRITISH man who raped two teenage girls 40 years ago has been jailed following an extradition from the Costa Blanca.
Jeffrey Waite, 66, carried out the attacks in the late 1970s and early 1980s in the Hartlepool area.
He skipped a court hearing in 2016 and fled to Torrevieja, before a European arrest warrant led to his capture in March last year.
Jeffrey Waite, 66, forced himself on two teenagers, one of them underage, who likened him to a ‘madman’ and an ‘animal’.
He raped one young of the women repeatedly, even on the steps of her house, and raped the other once after plying her with drink and taking her to an empty building.
The former only reported the rapes to police in 2014, saying they had occurred from 1979 into the 80s.
Waite maintained that none of the attacks ever happened.
Acting Det Sgt Nicky Barker, of Cleveland Police, said Waite ‘repeatedly denied and lied about his actions’.
She praised the victims for showing ‘real courage and dignity’ in coming forward.
“This investigation meant they’ve had to revisit traumatic times in their earlier lives and deal with the most painful memories,” she said.
- OPINION: Authorities in Alicante must make property developers follow safety rules without harming the promising market - 26 May, 2019 @ 14:15
- OPINION: Accusing a Benidorm bar of a ‘hate crime’ for renting out a midget is political correctness gone mad - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:45
- A PUT-DOWN A DAY: New Spanish book praises ‘therapeutic’ quality of insulting - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- Pablo Escobar’s estranged British-educated son signs ‘extraordinary’ book deal in Mallorca - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:30
- GHOSTA BLANCA: Illegal art exhibition takes over one of Spain’s most haunted buildings - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:49
- Expat pensioners assaulted as luxury apartment block is ‘mobbed’ by squatters on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 24 May, 2019 @ 10:44
- Tourist dies after being hit by bus in Benidorm - 22 May, 2019 @ 01:18
- WATCH: Roads become rivers as hailstorm hits the Costa Blanca - 21 May, 2019 @ 22:41
- ANOTHER British holidaymaker scammed as Spanish villa rental companies use SAME website under different names - 20 May, 2019 @ 15:14
- Benidorm pub SLAMMED for renting out midget - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:29