JAMIE Oliver has opened a restaurant on the Costa del Sol, aiming to give busy travellers better food choices.
Malaga Airport is the location for ‘Jamie’s Deli’, the latest in the British chef’s chain of healthy takeaway joints.
The restaurant from the 43-year-old Naked Chef star will serve salads, sandwiches, pizzas, hot dishes, cakes and drinks
Oliver, who angered Spain in 2016 with his ‘chorizo paella’ invention, is joined by two other new airport outlets, in Café di Fiore and international chain Eat.
These three food stops are among the 25 new stores of a 6,530-square-metre expansion of the airport.
A spokesperson for the airport said it ‘will have a wide and varied offer of restoration, with a high level of quality and which is a true reflection of the excellent Spanish and international cuisines’.
Malaga province is a favourite with the dad-of-five, who singled out Ronda in particular, when he visited Andalucia for his show, Jamie’s Food Escapes.
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35