THIS is the moment six people had to be rescued by Policia Nacional after two boats collided off the coast of the Campo de Gibraltar.
The individuals became shipwrecked after the to semi-rigid water vessels crashed into each other just off La Linea de la Concepcion.
A Policia Nacional helicopter was already circling above at around 2pm yesterday when it picked up the collision on its video camera.
Two policeman commandeered a local man’s boat and sailed out into the choppy waters to perform a dramatic rescue.
One castaway was unconscious when they were pulled from the water and had to be resuscitated.
Another was transferred to the SAS Hospital and was treated for hypothermia.
An investigation remains open into the activity of the boats, which are similar to those used in drug runs.
- Manhunt underway after young woman ‘held down and raped in the street’ by ex-boyfriend and pals in Spain’s Sevilla - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 16:49
- Another swimmer dies off beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 15:22
- British expat pensioner brutally murdered near Spain’s Costa del Sol wanted to move closer to pals in Estepona following husband’s death - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 14:10
- RED ALERT: Warnings across Spain as temperatures to surpass 40C TODAY before scorcher along Costa del Sol on Friday - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- British expats in Spain would have ‘strong case’ to sue UK government in case of no-deal Brexit, MP warns - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 12:10
- IN PICS: Luxury lifestyle of Marbella expat couple accused of cocaine trafficking and money laundering as court orders €4 million seizure of assets - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Dead blue whale found floating in Marbella - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 10:39
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13